[THIN] Mapping client drive when published application is initializing

  • From: Yang Yi <yang31@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 15:43:29 +0800

Hello All:
 I've a published application (an executable file). It's on the MetaFrame XP
server, say "D:\MyApp\app.exe". When this executable is initializing, it
must reference an external file (an Access mdb file), say "..\data.mdb".
(the filepath is hard-coded, and I cannot pass it as parameter to the
executable) However, I have to keep this data.mdb file on the client pc.
 I know that client C: Drive is mapping to V: Dirve on server, thus I tried
to change the working directory for the published application. I put the
data.mdb in "C:\" on client pc. And then change the working directory on
MetaFrame XP to "V:\MyApp".
 I suppose that, by "..\data.mdb" up one level of "V:\MyApp", it would
reference to "V:\data.mdb" (actually, C:\data.mdb).
 Unfortunately, it does not work that way. MetaFrame cannot find that
working directory (saying that it is invalid).
 Thanks very much,
  Y. Yang