[THIN] MS Office 2003 Pro on Windows 2008 Terminal Server

  • From: Richard Waters <richard.waters@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:56:06 -0700

I am having a problem that I cannot find a solution for, but I imagine
that someone else has encountered this.  I am helping a client set up a
Windows 2008 32-bit Terminal Server.  Everything is working fine, except
Office 2003 Pro.  The installation ran fine using the correct method for
isntalling apps on a 2008 Terminal Server.  However, when I try to run
any Microsoft Office 2003 application as administrator or remote user, I
get an error saying "this feature is not available."  The software comes
from a Microsoft Action Pack, and I do not know if this causes the
problem.  The same copy of the Office 2003 Pro software installed and
runs fine on a Windows 2003 32-bit Terminal Server.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

~ Richard