[THIN] Re: Lotus SameTime

  • From: cwood@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:08:26 -0600

thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 10/28/2004 04:28:27 AM:

> Hello
> Has anyone installed Lotus Sametime on a Citrix Server? We are
> looking to change the location of the connect.ini to each users
> profile or homeshare but there seems no easy way to do this. Has
> anyone come across this?

We run it in on 3 servers.  I just did a regular install and it then
requirs the users to enter their username and password each time.  I
haven't had issues of them all using the same .ini.  (Lucky I guess.)

But, with Lotus Notes 6.5.x the instant messenging functions are built in
(but lacks screen sharing and file transfer features) and don't require a
Sametime license.  It's very convenient to have IM functionality at no
extra charge outside of the regular notes client license.

Chris