[THIN] Re: Lotus Image Viewer 4.5

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:24:30 +1000

Hi Chris,

Probably the most significant thing that changes between install and execute
modes is %windir%. In install mode %windir% points to %systemroot%, while
"normal" execute mode points %windir% to %homedrive%%homepath%\windows.

With Crystal 8.5 for SAP, for example, they've hardcoded the crystal DLLs
directory to %windir%\crystal. So CR doesn't work til you copy the DLLs in
the \crystal directory to %systemroot%\system32 or set the application
compatibility flag for the apps using CR so that they don't map %windir% to
the users home windows directory.

Haven't played with the lotus image viewer so I can't give you any more
useful info but I hope this might point you in the right direction.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx