[THIN] Load Evaluators...

  • From: "Gano, David" <DavidGano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:03:47 -0400

I've just added the second server to my XP farm, and I'm apparently more
ignorant about load evaluators than I thought :)

The second server is significantly less powerful than the first, so I
created a load evaluator for it, included only User Load, and set it to
25. I created a second load evaluator for the more powerful box, only
using User Load, and set it to 100. Then load managed each server with
it's respective evaluator.

I assumed that generally, 3 out of 4 users should end up on the more
powerful box, but the opposite is happening. The vast majority of users
are ending up on the less powerful box.

Does anyone see what I'm doing wrong? :)
http://www.go-eol.com