[THIN] Re: Linux ICA

  • From: "Fojut, Joseph A." <Fojut.Joseph@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:51:38 -0600

Hi Joanne:

We are using Linux x-terms with the ICA client here and this is what our Linux
guru suggested:

if you got the part to auto-login a user, what you need to do is set the
autologin shell to be a script that launches ICA.

In the script, you set a continuous loop and then run:

/usr/X11R6/bin/xinit /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica -quiet -desc fullscreen --
/usr/X11R6/bin/X $dXargs

also key is setting up inittab:

1:2345:respawn:/bin/login -f xtermuser < /dev/tty1 > /dev/tty1 2>/dev/console

this sets a single tty login (not multiples), and runs login to the user
xtermuser and redirects errors and output.

the xtermuser account has the looping shell script for a login shell, as
indicated in the password file:

xtermuser:x:900:900::/home/xtermuser:/usr/local/bin/xuser

xuser is a script, not a shell...

also, has you may want to check out pxes...which does all of this for you with
a single, 5M
bootable CD or boot off the network.

Joe Fojut

From: Joanne Determann <joanne.determann@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 07:27:59 -0500
Subject: [THIN] Re: Linux ICA
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I messed around with the Thin station. I didn't dig far enough to get it to
work. I want wireless capabilities too.