[THIN] I/O errors with HTTP browsing

  • From: "P.J. Johannsen" <pjohannsen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 10:35:46 -0700

We seem to be having a problem with the Citrix XML service lately.  Users
who are utilizing TCP/IP+HTTP receive a Citrix I/O error, but if the
connection protocol is changed to straight TCP/IP it works fine.  So far,
the fix has been to restart the Citrix XML service on the servers utilized
by the clients for application browsing.  It has been increasing in
frequency as of late.

Does anyone know what causes this and how we can be more proactive rather
than reactive?  The only thing I could think of was scheduling a restart of
the service every day or so.

We are running Win2K SP2, Metaframe XPe with FR2.  We have around 400-500
concurrencies so we have a fairly busy environment.  We are not using NFuse
due to some corporate restrictions about the environment.  The clients are
full PN version 6.31.1051.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks, all!

PJ

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 3 months FREE*.
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_eliminateviruses_3mf