[THIN] Re: IMA failure occasionally

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:28:30 -0800

I just had this problem, and here are the steps I used to resolve it:

1.  Start ODBC Administrator
2.  Select File DSN
3.  Navigate to IMALHC.DSN, and then select Configure.
4.  On the new window, click on Create in the Database section.
5.  Navigate to Q:\Program Files\Citrix\Independant Management
Architecture, and give the database a new name.
6.  Click Ok, then Ok again.
7.  Click Ok again to close out of the ODBC Administrator
8.  Go to Q:\Program Files\Citrix\Independant Management Architecture,
and rename the original IMALHC.MDB file to something else.  Then, rename
your newly created Access database to IMALHC.MDB.
9.  Open IMALHC.DSN with Notepad, and look at the line that starts with
"DBQ=", and make sure that the full path and the database name are
correct.  If not, then change it and then safe the file.
10.  Download the Microsoft MDAC Component Checker from
http://www.microsoft.com/data, download and extract the utility, and
have the utility automatically determine the MDAC build.  If it is not
2.7 RTM Refresh 1, download and install the 2.7 RTM Refresh 1.
11.  You should now be able to start the IMA service witout issue.

NOTE:  We do have remapped drives, and the system volume is Q.  So,
change where needed.

Chris