[THIN] Re: IM install does not re-enable logon

  • From: "Dirk Blose" <Dirk.Blose@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:04:37 -0500

Are you doing a reboot after the installation? I found that I was
having this issue and had to apply MS Hotfix 842506. This corrects a
problem with the use of tsshutdn. The other thing I found is that if the
app does not exit properly there were cases where IM does not know the
install completed and thus does not re-enable login.

Dirk Blose, MCSE, CCA
Lead Technical Analyst
(919) 765-4791
dirk.blose@xxxxxxxxxx

>>> Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxx 03/24/05 2:36 PM >>>
We are using mf psv3 Installation Manager.

We run into this quite often where we push out a package or group of
packages and it installs successfully but does not re-enable the logon
so we
have to get on the box another way and change logon enable to get
logons to
work again.

Anyone else seen this??  cures???

Thanks

Doug Stratton
CITS
Technology Development Analyst
Work: 250-356-6678
doug.m.stratton@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:doug.m.stratton@xxxxxxxxx>

This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=296