[THIN] Re: IE Installation popup

  • From: "Michael Boggan" <mboggan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 16:59:41 -0500

XP 1.0 FR3/SP4 w/ both rollups 1 and 2.  Win 2003 servers.

Yeah turn speedscreen off and it goes away.Thanks,Michael Boggan

From: mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [THIN] Re: IE
Installation popupDate: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 21:38:22 +0100

PS4 ? 2000 or 2003 ?

There is a bug with Rollup 1 on 2003 where registry perms need to be added to a
key.
Have you applied any hotfixes recently ? Did they properly apply ... ie compare
file versions with articles.

Turn off Speedscreen browser acceleration and does the issue go away ?

What event log messages are you getting ?