[THIN] IE 6 issues

  • From: "Stratton, Doug MSER:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:58:42 -0700

W2k wp3, MF xpe v1 fr 3

Problem is that for some reason after installing patches (not sure which
ones make it happen) we start getting problems with IE.

This time it pops up with a Access Denied You are restricted from running
the internet connection wizard.
Last time it was saying IE is not your default browsers.

We have setup a reg file in the logon script "reset" some ie settings that
seem to make the above go away after the second logon but I would like to
prevent his from happening all together if I can.

Any chance someone out there has a better solution?

The little bit of research I have found says that IE will not work unless a
first time user runs the connection wizard.  They can't because they have no
rights on the ts to run conneciton wizard.  They are not first time users I
think.

Thanks for what ever is provided.

Doug Stratton
Operations Engineering