[THIN] ICA Client Disconnect Message

  • From: "Columna, Melvin" <Melvin.Columna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 11:04:57 -0400

Hi Everyone,

This is our setup...

6 IBM X350 4cpu 4gb RAM
MF 1.8SP3 & Win2000 SP3
Hosting IE (yes, IE)

Our client base is spread throughout the country in satellite office
connected to our data center in PA via 512K & 768K business lines (not DSL
or cable--Frac. T1 or ATM)  Usage on these connections vary from 40% usage
to sometimes 90% usage.

Our issue: Every now and then, we get the Citrix client disconnect window
(and 30 second countdown timer) for some users as they are working in the
hosted browser-based application.  I can assume that a network blip or
something might have caused him from getting dropped, but other non-Citrix
applications are not being affected.

Question: (1) Is there a way for removing the dialog and silently trying
again (sooner than 30 seconds)
          (2) Is there a registry entry for increasing this disconnection
timeout (bet there is)

I looked in the ThinCD and found a few REG items, but don't know if they'll
apply to my current issue.

.
.
.