[THIN] Re: ICA Channels

  • From: "Greg Reese" <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 08:44:23 +1200

no big deal.  my gut tells me the same thing.  I think it is something in
windows.  It looks likes there is a baud setting on the readers and MS sets
it to 9600.  But I can't see how to adjust it. I have seen some other posts
on google groups and other various places about people seeing this with
regular terminal services so it probably isn't citrix.  There are a lot of
large organizations mandating smart cards these days.  I anticipate seeing a
hotfix from someone sooner or later.

After the holiday weekend, I am going to start some testing with client
versions and see if it makes a difference.  I don't expect it to but at
least it can then be ruled out.

On 7/3/06, Michel Roth <mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Greg,

My gut feeling says that this is not a performance issue in the sense of a
slow link or of those likes, but probably there's a name resolution problem.
Sounds like a time-out issue.

Sorry I can't offer any more concrete help.

Michel Roth.

On 6/27/06, Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > that gave me a pretty good idea how the traffic is prioritized but the > performance of a smart card still sucks over a slow link so I am back where > I started. > > > > > On 6/27/06, Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > > > worth a shot. Thanks. I'll post back my results > > > > > > On 6/27/06, Andrew Wood < andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote: > > > > > > Citrix Session Monitoring and Control utility? > > > > > > http://www.citrix4ge.de/ctxsdk/smcc.htm > > > > > > ------------------------------ > > > *From:* thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] > > > *On Behalf Of *Greg Reese > > > *Sent:* 24 June 2006 00:24 > > > *To:* Thin > > > *Subject:* [THIN] ICA Channels > > > > > > is there a way to throttle performace of the virtual channels in the > > > ica client? preferably on the server. > > > > > > We are migrating people to smart cards but I am finding the time it > > > takes to access the certificates through the ICA client can take a very long > > > time. Particulary on slow links like tut modems, xdsl etc. the certs are > > > less than 10k in size yet take five minutes or more to copy up for > > > encrypting an email etc. Seems excessive that it should take that long. The > > > sessions are flowing along just fine. There is no lag, things are fine. > > > Printing is fine through the client. It is just the smart cards that drag. > > > > > > Any thoughts greatly appreciated. > > > > > > Greg > > > > > > > >