[THIN] Re: IBM xSeries 330 and 335 Drives failing

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:24:13 -0800 (PST)

What are the model of the drives? The xSeries uses several different kinds...
it depends on what you bought.  These can be had on ebay fairly inexpensively.
  JK

Leon Jaimes <> wrote:
  Hello,
I was just curious if others have had problems with IBM xSeries 330 and 335
drives failing.  We have 6 of these servers 3 of each and have had to replace
at least one drive on at least 5 of them.  Has anyone else found that these are
bad drives?  Does anyone use 3rd party drives in these machines that they find
to be more reliable?  We are covered under warranty, but I would rather just
not have to keep replacing them.
Thanks
Leon

Jim Kenzig