[THIN] How to dual install Office XP and previous versions of Office on the same server

  • From: "Claus, Brian" <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:54:42 -0400

Found it...

I had to install ORK.EXE  (The MS Office XP Resource Kit)
I then ran the Office XP Custom Installation Wizard.  ONLY HERE CAN YOU
SPECIFY to NOT UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS.  If you just run the normal
.msi it will never give you the option to not uninstall.

Also make sure you run the XP resource kit and not the 2000 resource
kit...I originally ran the office 2000 resource kit.  It went all the
way through to the end and then popped the error:

"Buffer passed to GetRecordField/GetNextLine is too short.  The MSI File
is corrupt."

This error was because I mistakenly tried the Office 2k installation
wizard instead of the Office XP installation wizard.

Thanks for your help!

  _____

Brian Claus, MCP, Network+, A+
Network Administrator
WESCO Distribution, Inc.
225 West Station Square Drive, Suite 700
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1122
Phone:  412-454-2412
Fax:  412-454-2540
bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>