[THIN] How do NT domain TS CAL's and licensing servers get affected when joined to a different Active Directory Domain

  • From: Steve Parr <sparr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:41:14 -0500

Does TS licensing need to be totally redone when moving a TS licensing
server from an NT domain to a different Active Directory domain? These are
member servers now in an NT domain. I hear that with AD the TS Licensing
server runs on a Domain Controller and Licensing is more or less centralized
there. I would assume Citrix Licensing would remain less affected by this -
running MF XP FR3.

Steve Parr
Systems Analyst, Citrix and Terminal Services
Network Services, Infrastructure Support, IT
Metroland Printing, Publishing and Distributing Ltd.
phone 905-279-0440 ext.221
cell 416-219-3016