[THIN] Re: Home directory and Profile Script

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:43:06 +0100

Andrew

You can keep bickering about this if you like - perhaps due to the
affront of having an alternative suggested to your example.

But you simply stating something like that, won't make it true. There
are some semantic differences about where various things are being
processed. Ignoring that, your repeated, yet unfounded assertions about
efficiency are misplaced.

Every time I ask you about what you automatically assume is more
efficient about how ADO searches *WILL* be performed, you uncannily duck
the question. When I've mentioned about having to deal with paged
enquiries, you let it slide.

So if you want to bicker endlessly about why you think your answer is
the pinnacle of efficiency, and mine is the devil's work - then by all
means, up your game. Otherwise, you are simple coming across as churlish
about a postulated alternative.

The ironic thing - when Rick posted a more simplistic alternative to my
suggestion - I welcomed it as the good form it was.

Neil

This email and its attachments are confidential and are intended for the above
named recipient only. If this has come to you in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system. You must take no
action based on this, nor must you copy or disclose it or any part of its
contents to any person or organisation. Statements and opinions contained in
this email may not necessarily represent those of Littlewoods Shop Direct Group
Limited or its subsidiaries. Please note that email communications may be
monitored. The registered office of Littlewoods Shop Direct Group Limited is
100 Old Hall Street Liverpool L70 1AB registered number 5059352

www.blackspider.com
This Weeks Sponsor: Cesura, Inc.
Know about Citrix end-user slowdowns before they know.
Know the probable cause, immediately.
Know it all now with this free white paper.
http://www.cesurasolutions.com/landing/WPBCForCitrix.htm?mc=WETBCC