[THIN] Re: Help from those doing PS4.0 app servers in ESX 3.x

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 08:32:09 -0700

Actually, this is an old problem.  Not limited to ESX 3.x.

The short answer is to not install the Shared Folders component when
installing VM Tools (You don't need it for ESX anyways).

The long answer is to edit the registry and remove hgfs from the
NetworkProvider order.  The first article you mention gives instructions on
how to do it.

Joe