[THIN] Hang during user logon

  • From: "Trevor Fuson" <fuson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:20:05 -0800

I have a problem on one of our terminal servers that has me totally
stumped.  Server 2003, RDP, Active Directory.  When a particular account
logs into the system it hangs during the logon process.

Verbose logging show winlogon.exe hanging in the critical section of the
logon sequence.

USERENV(25c.1e70) 10:34:58:761 LoadUserProfile: Wait succeeded. In
critical section.

During this time other logons to the system take approximately 10-20
minutes to complete.

I have tried deleting the profile completely from the system and copying
a known good profile into the users profiles.  I have tried disabling
group policy on the machine as well.

All other user accounts log into this server fine, and the same user
account logs into other terminal servers fine.

Does anyone have any ideas about what I could possibly try to isolate
the problem, or what could be causing it?

Thanks,

Trevor.