[THIN] Re: Group policy

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:06:58 -0700

Rob,=20

My standard on this kind of setup is to apply all restrictive TS based
policies to the Citrix OU w/ loopback enabled of course on "replace"
mode.=20

With "replace mode" it dosen't matter what other OU's are out there for
your laptop users, they only get citrix specific restrictive policies
when they log onto the citrix servers.=20

On the Citrix OU itself, I'll generally have a policy break down like
this:

Citrix Server policy - machine only policy (user policies disabled)
applied to a security group containing only the Citrix servers. Security
templates,                              machine level restrictions or
settings applied here.
Restricted user policy - User only policy (machine policies disabled)
applied to a security group containing only users logging into the
system that                                     require restrictions, or
specialized desktops / start menus.=20
Admin user policy - User only policy (machine policies disabled) applied
to either domain admins or an IT admin group. Generally used for login
script                  support, and in some cases re-directed start
menu's / desktops for admin folks.=20

Not to say that this is the only way to do this, but I've had no issues
with this type of setup at many sites. In general I look to keep all
Citrix related restrictions and controls isolated to the OU where the
servers are. I don't see much reason to mix TS based policies w/
desktops, as generally the TS policies I've created (and more specificly
the GP launched login scripts) are geared much more twoards controlling
the end users environment within their terminal session.

HTH