[THIN] Re: Good info on SP1 on CTX website

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 15:30:33 -0700

You are dealing with more than just a 60 second logoff.  Go read the CTX
articles and you will find a number of items that need to be fixed.    All
the security fixes can be applied outside of the service pack using Windows
Update (or your update system of choice).  SP1 goes beyond the fixes and
installs the Windows Firewall (turned off by default) and a number of
security enhancements (not fixes).

I will not be installing SP1 until a few more weeks have passed and some
more hotfixes have been deployed.  Then it will be time for test, test, and
more test.

adam

|         |           Leon Jaimes      |
|         |           <slyride@xxxxxxxx|
|         |           m>               |
|         |           thin-bounce@freel|
|         |           ists.org         |
|         |           04/05/2005 02:22 |
|         |           thin             |

  |       To:       thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                 |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  [THIN] Re: Good info on SP1 on CTX website

Hey all, good to know, question though, I am getting ready to set up a
new farm on 2003, are there enough security issues fixed by SP1 to
justify the 60 second logoffs?

On Apr 5, 2005 12:31 PM, Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how adding 60 seconds to the logoff time is a
> feature?!?!
>
> Jeff Pitsch
>
> On Apr 5, 2005 1:37 PM, Joe Shonk <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Microsoft has been making it a habit as of late to pull the "By design"
card
> > as of late...  I just had MS tell me the same thing relating to another
> > issue.
> >
> > IT'S CALLED "POOR DESIGN!"... Now go fix it.
> >
> > Joe

Behalf