[THIN] Re: Downloading Citrix PS 4.0

  • From: "Carl Stalhood" <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 08:28:06 -0500

You can install PS 4.0 on top of a PS 3.0 server. This service pack brings the
PS 3.0 servers up to PS 4.0 level without
activating the new features of PS 4.0. It is essentially the same as the old
Service Pack 3 / Feature Release 3
implementation where you upgrade to the latest service pack without activating
the new features. Once 2005.04 is
installed, you can only install PS 4.0 hotfixes and service packs on the PS 3.0
server. There is also no way to
uninstall 2005.04.

By the way, the readme for PS 4.0 says:

MetaFrame Service Pack 4 Required on Servers running MetaFrame Presentation
Server 3.0

Citrix does not recommend mixing servers running MetaFrame Presentation Server
3.0 and 4.0 in the same farm. However, if
you must install MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 and 4.0 on servers in a
single farm, make sure you update your
servers running MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 to Service Pack 4. [#109701]

I have no idea what Service Pack 4 is. My guess is that the readme is incorrect
and it is actually referring to
MetaFrame XP Feature Release 3 Service Pack 4 but I do not know for sure.
Service Pack 2005.04 is the first service pack
released for PS 3.0 so I don't think that is service pack 4. The .04 refers to
the month in which it was released.

  _____