[THIN] Domain Controller not found error

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:48:48 -0400

I have posted this earlier but I was so confused in my post that no one
answered it.  This should make more sense.

Environment:
Win 2K SP3 (current security hotfixes) 3 servers in workgroup
MFXPa 1.0 FR2SP3 w/Citrix hotfixes
(XE103W2K082,XE103W2K115,XE103W2K119)
On desktop using primarily Citrix PN Agent some NFuse Web Clients
Novell Client v4.83SP2 ZenWorks for Desktops Management Agent (v4
SP1B)
Using Zenworks Dynamic Local User (DLU) policy to integrate with NDS
(hence no Windows domain)
Using Roaming profiles (roam from a Novell volume), volatile (removed
on logout)

Issue:
Users getting "A domain controller could not be found for the specified
domain" upon launching published application. After clicking OK on this
message they are confronted with a Windows workstation login.  If they
click cancel here they put back to the Novell login screen (which they
normally would never see) where all the credentials are filled in
correctly.  If they simply click OK here login proceeds normally with no
prompt for Windows workstation user ID/pwd. This results in untold calls
to support desk.

I can recreate issue consistently by starting a published app on a
server, then starting a different published app on the same server.
Issue occurs with ICA Web client and PN Agent.  Using the full PN client
and attaching to the server directly (not a published app) I get the
same error on the 2nd login.

Using Remote Desktop Connection client (RDP) I do NOT get the issue.
Though I do get the standard message about the local user profile being
already loaded and the timer.

This one has been plaguing me for some time. So I definitely am buying
a night's worth of  beverages at Iforum for a solution!

http://www.go-eol.com