[THIN] Dell Blades and Seperate Zones

  • From: "Michael Boggan" <mboggan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin list" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:19:07 -0600

We are in the process of building up a new environment that has the potential
to grow rather large.  We are using Dell Blades for our Citrix
servers...starting with one chassis and adding up 6-10 more chassis by the next
quarter.  We are working on the design of the environment and we came up with a
question.

To cut down on network traffic, would it be feasible to create a zone from each
blade center so that communication back to the datastore from one server in
each chassis is the only "network" traffic.  Everything else should stay within
the chassis's themselves, correct?  Does this make any sense or is it overkill?

Thanks,

Michael Boggan