[THIN] Default Printers - Help

  • From: Bruce Jarrett-Norton <bjarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 08:43:39 -0400

We upgraded the Metaframe XP FR1 this past weekend.
At the same time we had to upgrade to IE 6 sp1 also, for different reasons.
Now when a user logs in they are not getting their default printer for their
client machine.
We have to open IE and change the default printer there for it to 'stick'.
That only stays that was until the servers reboot and the next morning the
user has to change their default printer again.
I did see one thing on our servers with HKEY_USERS/(users SID)/PRINTERS
there is a key DeviceOld that is holding these printer settings.

Any help would be great.

Thank you,
Bruce Jarrett-Norton
Dart Energy Corporation