[THIN] Re: DNS, CSG and making me nuts

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 14:19:26 +0100

On 29/10/05, Jim Strowe <jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> MF Xpa, CSG is nfuse classic. Two servers for CSG. Server
> george-i.mydomain.com <http://george-i.mydomain.com> always connects with
> george-c.mydomain.com <http://george-c.mydomain.com> to connect
> everyone internally.

You/me might be a bit confused here - CSG is the SSL relay service, NFuse is
the bunch of web pages. Whichever machines these two things run on should be
publicly resolvable.

Bottom line (I think)
> The response is terrible from my home computer UNLESS I put a host entry
> in
> my HOSTS file with a entry like this:
>
> 88.192.196.101 <http://88.192.196.101>
> george-c.mydomain.com<http://george-c.mydomain.com>

Which kind of sounds to me like it's not? Don't know if thats the real IP,
but it has no resolvable name.

i.e. if I have to put a host entry in my home computer...something with DNS
> is not working right on either of my CSG computers. Can someone give me a
> hint of where to go look.

Are you willing to give the domain name you'd be using?

Andrew