[THIN] Cna't open Hyperlinks in Outlook When "RUn Only Allowed Applications" applied

  • From: "Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:35:02 +0000

I have applied, on our test server, the "Run only Allowed Applications" Policy.
I've added basically all executables in the \office folder, plus our various
odd apps. All works well, Notepad and Calculator don't run, everything else
that should does,*except* that if I try to click on any Hyperlink in an Outlook
email, I get the "This operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on
your computer."

This happens whether the hyperlink is a URL, UNC, or email link.

Have tried looking with Filemon, and nothing apparent.  Any pointers?

Nick