[THIN] Citrix pop-up working spontaneously... Anyone have any ideas?

  • From: "Wilson, Tyfanie" <twilson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:32:23 -0600

Hello all..

The problem with working on a campus is that users assume that because =
you know Citrix, you run all Citrix anything on campus... and if you're =
caught at a generous moment, you find yourself trying to fix someone =
else's Citrix that you know nothing about.

I was hoping someone here may have more general knowledge about a =
Citrix-through-the-browser issue a user is getting at this site:

http://pax.lib.utah.edu/scifind.htm=20

Users Machine:  He is running XP, IE6, latest patches, latest Citrix =
client, McAfee firewall turned off.

User Error:  When he clicks "Yes," more times than not (I'm guessing 70% =
of the time) he gets a full-screen white page and the database never =
shows up.

Cache, cookies, browser settings all reset.  He has a W98 machine on the =
same network (DSL from home) that he has compared all the Citrix =
settings against and says they are all the same.

I have spoken with the Admin, who has had no idea what the issue is for =
a few weeks now.  Yes, there are 2 servers that are load balanced, but =
it doesn't matter which he gets on.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thank in Advance..

~Tyfanie~