[THIN] Citrix hanging while logging in

  • From: "Robert Barrett" <RobertB@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:34:58 -0600

Hi all,

We are noticing that lately we have 2 of 16 servers in our farm that are
hanging on the login with one of two messages.  The message will either
say "Applying Registry policy" or "Applying Scripts policy".  This would
seem to point to a GPO issue but there are no registry settings in the
comp gpo, under Windows Settings, Security Setting, Registry.  We do
have user login scripts running for flex profiles but they are also
running on the other 14 servers that don't appear to have a problem.
Eventually the login will continue and log you in but it could be
anywhere from 20 - 90 minutes.

The only thing that seems to make a difference is, I moved one of the
servers out of the OU into the default computer OU and a user can login
fine but when it goes back into the OU it locks up again.  So figure I
have a corrupt policy, I create a new one with no difference.  Once the
policy refreshed I was back to square one.  Could it be something that I
am inadvertently setting in the policy?   The reason I don't think it is
policy is that we have domain admins with no apply permissions to that
policy but it happens to us as well.  Any ideas are welcome.

Robert Barrett MCSE, CCA

Enterprise Administrator
robertb@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: (780) 927-3766