[THIN] Re: Citrix_Secure_Gateway_Datasheet.pdf

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <JShonk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:45:43 -0800

A router is a gateway.  Just about every IP host has a Default gateway =
to route traffic that destined for another subnet.  Not all =
routers/gateway can/do perform IP/Port/Application filtering.  Most =
gateways just route traffic, and that's precisely what CSG does.  Thaw =
with a Ticketing Authority and Encrypted traffic.

If you want to control the Virtual Channels,  you can setup custom ica =
listeners on the Metaframe server to allow client drive mappings, but =
not auto-created printers.  This is just one way to accomplish this, =
granted there are more.

It would be very difficult to create malformed ICA Packet then hi-jack a =
128bit SSL session, after being authenticated. (Username/Password =
through NFuse and STA)

To answer your question if CSG should be complemented with another =
security component.  Yes, the use of a Firewall to protect the internal =
network (DMZ too...NFUSE and CSG) is highly recommended.  The NFuse web =
server should be hardened and locked down.  There are some good Third =
Party tools that are great at doing this.

Joe