[THIN] Citrix Installation Manager not working - Gemini installer issues

  • From: Anthony_Abraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:38:39 +1000

Hi

Just built a new WTS / MF XPe server and none of my packagers want to work
anymore.  When I try to install any packagers to the new server, the job
starts the install then fails.  The following is logged in the target
server event log:

The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Gemini Installer ) could
not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): Failed to
install Office 97.

Application description file: ims20://localhost/7/Office 97.wfs
The application description file contains a syntax or logic error. Section
[ARVS__ValuPack Component], AddReg(1) Error: Error replacing symbols:
Failed to convert to a short path.
Context: 0\PowerPoint\ValuPack,,%!toshortpath(%TARGETDIR3%\..

All applications give the same error.  Some of the files get installed but
the apps always fail when executed..  These worked on my last server so the
packagers themselves are fine as they haven't been modified..  Tried
re-creating the local host - did nothing.  Has anyone had this before?

Anthony

CAUTION - This message is intended for the addressee named above
It may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you must not use, copy, distribute or
disclose it to anyone other than the addressee. If you have received
this message in error please return the message to the sender by
replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.

Internet emails are not necessarily secure. Royal & SunAlliance does not
accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent