[THIN] Re: Citrix Deployments in Healthcare

  • From: "Marc-Andre Lapierre" <malapierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <L.Seitz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:04:36 -0400

Hi,

We are located in Montreal, Canada. We are using cerner too as well as a bunch
of others applications. For our needs, an idle of 12 hours as been set up and a
disconnect time of 15 minutes. 12 hours seems pretty long, but for the needs of
the people at the hospital, 12 hours makes sense for some application.
Unfortunatly, we can't specify timeout by application. So we had to go with the
longest need in all the applications that we host. You should do a little
survey and ask which application they use and how long they can be without
using it (idle). Maybe you will end up with something like 4 or 8 hours.
Depends on your users and the management.

For the disconnect time of 15 minutes, we figured out that a pc that crash or
if someone needs to move from a desk to another, should take longer than 15
minutes.

Marc-André Lapierre

Consultant Systems & Infrastructures
514 977-6170