[THIN] Changing Timezone

  • From: "Stratton, Doug ISMC:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:21:04 -0800

We are using PS 3 2005.05 w2k3 sp1.

Users with laptops what to change the timezone of their citrix session.
They are not local administrators on the laptop (shared laptops).

Problem I have run into is when they change the timezone in the citrix
session it does not change.  They rightclick on the clock in the system
tray, select Adjust Date/time, change the timezone, click ok.  If you
check after this it is not changed.

I thought maybe it was an admin rights thing.  So I tried it with my
admin id via a ica connection same problem.  THEN I tried it with my
admin id via rdp and it works.

Does anyone out there understand what could be going on.?  I am going to
play with the citrix policies for Timezone stuff but they just look like
they could be causing this.

Regards

Doug Stratton
Technology Engineering Services, ISM Canada
Together with Shared Services BC
Telephone: 250-704-1861
Fax: 250-704-1889
E-mail: <mailto:stratton@xxxxxxxxxx