[THIN] Re: Cerner Millinium on Citrix

  • From: "Taylor, George" <gtaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:29:39 -0600

Hey Eric,

Thanks for the response.  I'm not going anywhere near that big, I'll be
on 3 blades and a couple hundred users.  I'm curious about things like
the global logicals and local logicals, how did you script those?  I
have a document from Cerner that shows the logicals to set, such as
"setlog -g crmmaxthreads", it doesn't say, but I'm guessing the globals
are simply set once per server?  The user specifics, like logdirectory,
cer_cache, etc.. Are set each time the user runs appbar?

How did you setup your drives?  Cerner suggest putting the app on the
system partition and having 2 other partitions, one for paging and one
for temp files.  My blades boot from the SAN (A FastT-700), I'm thinking
having the system partition on the SAN as just one partition, about
36Gig, and using the on-board IDE drive for paging and temp files.
Actually that's the way I'm leaning for all the Metaframe servers,
simply having one C: partition for system and apps and having the local
drive for paging, I certainly don't want paging going to the SAN.

Any thought, suggestion, installation doco, etc... Would certainly be
appreciated, we're new to Citrix and terminal services and I'm scheduled
to pilot Cerner and Meditech late June, Meditech is a piece of cake, but
Cerner has me a little baffled.

Thanks,

George

George Taylor