[THIN] Cannot locate custom.dic when using Outlook built in editor

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:05:40 -0400

2003 SP1 with PS4.0 with Outlook 2003 SP2.  If a user is set to use the
built in editor in Outlook, when they send an e-mail, they get an error
that no CUSTOM.DIC is found.  If they are set to use Word as the editor,
no error.  GPO is set to force spell check which is why we even caught
this in the first place.  Using roaming profiles.  CUSTOM.DIC on my
local computer is located in \documents and settings\application
data\microsoft\proof

I do not believe the file actually generates until you actual add a
custom definition, so I'm not sure why it's saying it cannot find it.  I
can't see to find it any a variety of users profiles.  I'm unsure if
this is isolated to a user or effects multiple people.

This Weeks Sponsor: Cesura, Inc.
Know about Citrix end-user slowdowns before they know.
Know the probable cause, immediately.
Know it all now with this free white paper.
http://www.cesurasolutions.com/landing/WPBCForCitrix.htm?mc=WETBCC