[THIN] Can not remove server from farm

  • From: Michael <indy019@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:50:41 -0800 (PST)

I have a server that crashed and burned a while ago.
No problem, I think to myself, remove it from the
farm, reimage and have it back online in under an
hour.

Except there is one problem, I can not remove it from
the farm.

Obviously, uninstalling Metaframe is not an option
anymore.  When I got to the CMC to manually remove it
from the farm, I get the following error:

Management Console Error
The Management Console for MetaFrame XP failed to
remove the server.
Error Code:80000007

Still thinking this is no big deal, I head on over to
http://support.citrix.com/kb/entry.jspa?entryID=1765
where I learn that all I need to do is maeke an entry
in a host file to resolve the server's name.  I add
the entry, and I still am faced with the same error
message.

On a whim, I tried reimaging a server and giving it
the same name as the downed server.  Unfortunately,
the ICA would never start.  Presumable because a
server with that name already exists.

Has anyone else experienced this before?  Am I doomed
to have a bum entry in my farm for all of eternity?

Thanks in advance.

Michael Saul
This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
consulting services you can depend on.