[THIN] CSG, Again...

  • From: Andrew Grubb <AGrubb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:45:46 -0400

I was revieving the list and a few times the idea of running a secure
web server with CSG on the same box has come up.  Here's what I'm trying
to do..

I've got a server with 2 nics and wanted to try and run both services on
the same box.  I installed two server certificates on the box, one for
each nic's FQDN and configured IIS to use port 443 on one nic, and
configured CSG to listen to port 443 on the other.  For whatever reason
though when I start CSG my secure web server wont work, and if I start
IIS first CSG wont start.   I've been able to make this work by changing
CSG's port, however that kind of defeats the purpose.

I know the general attitude is to not combine the two services and I
tend to agree.  Problem is that I have a few customers who do not need
too many concurrent connections through the CSG, and would like to save
some money by consolidating the machines.  Anyone have any ideas or
pointers?