[THIN] Assign policies based on publication?

  • From: Niclas <murklan74@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 02:17:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi all.
Is there a way to assign citrix policies based on publication, server or
servergroups instead of users?

The scenario is this:
we are using metaframe XPe with FR2 and SP3
We have an application in our farm that doesnt use windows standard api for
printing and has shown to be very unreliable using anything else than network
printers.
We are using a policy for users of that application that wont connect client
printers and that works just fine.
As long as a user only have acces to that single application everything is
great, the problem is when a user have access to other applications that allow
client printers to be connected.
Since most other applications connects client printers we have to set that
policy at a higher priority than the one that isnt allowing client printers and
that of course have the effect that users will get their client printers
connected also when starting the application which have trouble with client
printers.

Dont know if I was able to describe it in a way that can be understood, if I
left out any information needed please say so.

Thanks in advance
Niclas