[THIN] "Applying user settings" takes longer time

  • From: "Hari Meda" <MEDA-H@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 17:21:20 -0400

What is the average time for "Applying user settings " to complete when =
launching an application through Nfuse  .I am using Metaframe XP FR1 with =
Nfuse 1.7.

Average time seems to be 6 secs but it spikes to 30 secs and users are =
complaining about it.  This time frame seems normal to me but I am looking =
for confirmation about whether this is normal or not.  My manager thinks =
this is too long and wants an explanation.

I am using the same user login on the same servers and application in my =
tests.  The response is usually 6 secs but I have seen as high as 26 secs, =
mostly on slower machines.  Does anyone know where the work is being done =
during this part of the login?

Thanks

Hari Meda
MIS / Network Analyst  II