[THIN] Re: Application licensing

  • From: "Gandy, Chip (COX-Atlanta)" <Chip.Gandy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:46:17 -0500

That will vary by the application.=20

Some of our published apps are named user based on the server that they
connect to so we can install it all over the place.  Others license
based on concurrent and sometimes based on ALL users that connect.

Rumba for instance requires a license for *EVERY* user that will hit
that server regardless of how many people are on at one time.

To CYA, I'd contact the vendor and see what they're stated policy is for
that type of access.

Chip "The Automator" Gandy
MCSE, MCP, APICI
Cox Communications, MIS
Systems Architect
Voice: 404-847-6039 Fax: 404-269-3010

Kranske's Law:  Beware of a day during which you don't have something to
complain about.