[THIN] Re: Any way to hide autocreated printers?

  • From: George Yobst <george2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:36:22 -0800

I do this by mapping a printer to the ICA client name.
In the CMC, under Servers and Users tab, get the client name (4th column),
then go to Printer Management and right click on Printers, then Client
Printers and add the name to the correct printer driver.  -George

Leuci, Chris wrote:
Have about 25+ users per server, and when users bring up the printer dialog
box they can see all of the other user's autocreated printers. I know they
can't print to them but is there a way to hide them so they can only see
there own>? thanks so much you guys rule
Chris
George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst        phone: 503.723.4890
Library Information Network of Clackamas County   fax: 503.794.8238
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208         web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654                  email: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
 what he thinks he already knows."  - Epictetus

This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online 99Point9.com
EOL THINssentials? Bring You TRUE Universal Printing Solutions
and Time Zone Support. EOL delivers any print job, any
time zone, to any client, over Any protocol (ICA or RDP)!
http://www.99point9.com/public/products/index.asp