[THIN] Re: Allow user to reset own connections + log

  • From: Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 01:31:21 +1100

Hold that thought! I hate to pre-empt new freeware utilities from Ctrl-Alt-Del
IT Consultancy, but I
am just putting the very final touches on a new tool called TSSelfServReset. It
should be up on the
web site by Wednesday or Thursday. It is a single GUI that shows all the
sessions and processes
for the specific logged on user and allows them to logoff their own sessions or
kill their own
processes without the need for admin rights etc. I've been testing it for the
last 2 weeks and I'm
pretty happy with it, and so are the various beta testers. Stay tuned and I'll
post when the final
product will be available.

Cheers
--
Warren Simondson

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd
Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au

Quoting Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi
>
> We have intermittent issues on our Windows 2003 Presentation Server 4
> farm where users are disconnected from the Citrix farm for "unknown"
> reasons.  When this occurs, the user calls the HelpDesk and the
> HelpDesk resets the connection and off they go.  They often wait 30
> minutes for the HelpDesk to answer for such a simple task.
>
> What I would like is for the users to be able to reset their ICA
> session via Citrix Connection Centre.  What I would like though is a
> log of disconnects/resets so I dont loose visibility of issues in
> farm.  I believe Printing is the cause of the disconnects as this is
> usually the last task performed before they have issues.  I will be
> installing Tricerat Simplified Printing within the next few months
> which will "hopefully" resolve this issue.  Im just looking for ways
> of reducing HelpDesk calls in the interim.
>
> Is there a way to log all disconnect/resets?
>
> Thanks

Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com