[THIN] Re: Adobe Illustrator

  • From: Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 07:31:51 +1000

Hi Ronnie

We have it running on several client sites without issue, although screen
redraw can be a little
chunky at times. Overall however, for a small number of users, it works very
well.

Of course ADOBE have made it so you can't install Illustrator on Windoze 2003
server by detecting
the OS and displaying a screen to stop the set up progress. This is easily
fixed with the following
steps:

1 - copy the complete setup DVD or unpack the .iso if you are a
naughty warez user to any location on your hdd

2 - in the folder that contains your CS4 setup locate the subfolder
named 'payloads' that contains the payloads, and in that folder locate
the following files

payloads\AdobeIllustrator14mul\AdobeIllustrator14mul.proxy.xml - for
illustrator
payloads\AdobeSoundbooth2All\AdobeSoundbooth2All.proxy.xml - for sound
booth

3 - you will have to edit both of the files using notepad in the
following way:
   locate the text that says: '"Server2003":{"Exclude":true}' and
replace it with (a very logical one :))) '"Server2003":
{"Require":true}'

4 - when you have edited and saved both of the files locate and run
setup.exe in the folder to which you have copied (and modified) your
setup

--
Warren Simondson

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd

Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au

On Tue, Jun 1st, 2010 at 7:57 PM, "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anyone got Adobe Illustrator running on 2003 server with XenApp
> 4.5
> or are there any issues I should be looking out for ?
>
> thanks
> Ronnie
>
> Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
>  __________________________________________
> Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland Limited. Registered in Ireland.
> Reg. No. 45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole,
> Co.Dublin.
> Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland Leasing Limited. Registered in
> Ireland.  Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole,
> Co.Dublin.
>  __________________________________________
> The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential
> and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> destroy this message, delete any copies held on your systems and
> notify the sender by return email. You should not read, retain, copy,
> disseminate, distribute, disclose or use this email or its contents
> in any way. Any such action is strictly prohibited. Thank you.

Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
Thinlist MOBILE Feed