[THIN] Re: Adaware on MF

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:04:55 -0400

Or you just can set it to scan when the next time the machine is rebooted at boot time.
JK
Tasita Ebacher wrote:

In my experience, No, it's not.  What I did was, preferably after all my
users logged off, I setup Adaware to scan their saved roaming profiles.
There is a setting in Adaware that allows you to specify a directory to
scan.

If you can't really wait for the users to all be logged off, you can always
just have it scan when they are logged on.  I just scanned the entire doc &
settings folder, because that's where most of the spyware was.  You could
always have it scan the entire servers drives.  I'm not sure if this may
dramatically slow down a server that has it's resources used more than mine
are (mine are quite underused!)

Tasita Ebacher 702 Communications Data Systems Engineer CCNA

-----Original Message----- From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Clark Turner Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 3:50 PM To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [THIN] Adaware on MF

Running 2k and MF. Recently we have noticed a huge infect of spyware.
When I run Adaware to detect and remove the spyware logged in as the admin
account is this removing the spyware for all sessions?

Clark

Using the latest software, hardware, networking technologies, proven technical expertise, proprietary software and best practices, EOL provides custom-tailored solutions for each client?s mission and specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com