[THIN] Re: Access management console hang on discovery

  • From: Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 10:29:27 -0400

When you run the discovery are you pointing the discovery to the ZDC? or
launching the console from that server and clicking the "Add local"?

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 10:11 AM, Angela <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi again

More information.. I have 5 servers in my Windows 2003 XenApp 4.5 farm
(rollup 7). I was tasked to demise 3 servers from my farm:

- 1x Zone Data Collector
- 2 x Citrix 4.5 servers
- I moved the ZDC role to another server
- I powered off the 2 Citrix servers (without removing from the farm) as I
wanted to ensure ZDC function worked on other server
- I then realized that the Access Management console fails to launch on
the 2 Citrix servers. The consoles now load but hang on "Discovery in
Progress". Discovery never finishes and no errors are being logged in
event viewer.
- I powered the 2 Citrix Server back on to see if that would allow the
discovery to finish. It didn't, the AMC still fails on the 2 servers that
will remain. However the AMC console works on the 2 servers that I need to
demise. Discovery goes through and works fine. However I need to demise
these 2 servers.
- I tried a recreatelhc but that made no difference
- Ive rebooted server but that made no difference

I was looking to upgrade the AMC software but the versions are the same on
the working and non working servers. A Help\About says "Citrix Access
Management Console Version 3.0.0.0. The "Citrix Access Management Console
- Framework" is 4.5.2.0. I don't want to introduce more changes in case it
breaks something else.

Any help appreciated as I have spent so much time trying to resolve..
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Ang