[THIN] Re: ADP CPU time with HR perspective

  • From: Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:18:53 +0100 (BST)

Jim,

just a short update, since the release of CQE quite a number of folks have
started using it to control 16bit WOW and dos apps as well as 32bit apps; both
with equal success.  As a result however, there is some tweaking going on
behind the scenes to make it even more efficient with 16bit apps and the NTVDM
as there does seem to be a very large 16bit user base ..  Development continues

If there's enough interest I'll start a 16bit only Beta programme dedicated to
the development of a true 16bit version with the same rules as the original
Beta Programme...

Mark

 "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net"; <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I believe Perspective is essentially a dos application. Tame might help.
http://www.tamedos.com/ Also be certain to set config.nt and autoexec.nt to
proper parameters. Publish it and Start it using a Pif file.

We are now on Enterprise but used to use perspective. I have to be an
advertisement but have a look at Kevsoft Tscale first http://www.kevsoft.com
and then also at Wizbang CQE http://www.wizbang.org.uk/html/cqe.html and
CPU Sentinel from Oneapp
http://www.oneapp.co.uk/site/sentinel/ to see if it could assist with any of
these.

There are a lot of articles on the citrix site that explain how to run 16
bit apps.

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net