[THIN] AD oddness

  • From: Jason Patten <pattenj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:45:09 -0400

Ok I have a very weird problem here,  I have a test network with server 2003
enterprise edition installed on it.  It is simply 2 machines currently, one
is the Domain controller.  When I try to log into the other server with a
domain account through RDP I get the following error message.

The system cannot log you on due the the following error.
The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

Please try again or consult your system administrator

However, If I log into the machine itself with an RDP session (eg. The
administrator on the local machine) I can then open Further Domain account
sessions most of the time.  I am going nuts here with how flaky this AD
domain is acting.

Jason

670,616,629 mph.  Its not just a good idea, its the law.