[THIN] 64-bit Windows 2003 for Opteron - MetaFrame does not work

  • From: "Brian Madden" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 18:43:51 -0400

This is a preview to the full article that will hit my site in the next
few days, but the short answer is this:

MetaFrame XP does NOT work when installed on 64-bit Windows 2003 for AMD
Opteron. The errors that I get are 100% identical to the errors when
trying to install MF on 64-bit Windows for Intanium2. If you want to
build huge servers with no kernel memory limitations, you're limited to
pure TS for now...

Brian

Brian Madden

brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

+1.202.302.3657

Visit www.brianmadden.com <http://www.brianmadden.com>  for in-depth
Citrix, Terminal Server, and server-based computing news and analysis,
white papers, downloadable videos, and product reviews.

than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147