[THIN] 64bit Memory and Pagefile question

  • From: Michael Boggan <mboggan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin list <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:15:34 -0500

We are doing some comparisons on 32bit vs. 64bit in our little world.  We built
a citrix environment running Windows 2003 32bit and Citrix PS 4.0 with 16gig of
RAM, publishing a desktop and with all of our apps that we run running on that
server.  They are all 32bit apps as well.  In this config we were able to get
55 users in before we started seeing a performance decrease.

This week we built out the same environment but using Windows 2003 64bit
version with 64bit PS4, again, with 16gig of RAM.  We started getting users in
and it DIED at 40 users.  We noticed that that there was hardly any physical
memory used but the pagefile was maxed.  Anyone have any idea why everything
would be going to the pagefile and not using the RAM?  This is driving us nuts
because we have been pushing the 64bit versions for a while now.Thanks,Michael
Boggan
Personalize your Live.com homepage with the news, weather, and photos you care
about. Try it.
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx