[THIN] 20-character limit in logon name - needed?

  • From: "Josh Pepper" <Josh.Pepper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:47:57 -0600

Hi all-

We are running an 8-server (Win2003) Citrix farm with all users managed in AD.
All our clients are Windows XP variants.

Currently, we are limiting the username to 20 characters.  Is this really
necessary?  It seems the _real_ limit is 104, with 64 being the recommended for
Windows, but is there something different with Citrix?  I know that used to be
a limit, but is it still?

Thanks!

Josh
Software Developer

This electronic mail message and attachments contain
information which may be (a) LEGALLY PRIVILEGED,
CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR
OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE,
and is (b) intended only for the use of the Addressee(s)
named herein.  If you are not the Addressee(s), or the person
responsible for delivering this message to the Addressee(s),
you are hereby notified that reading, copying, or distributing
this message is prohibited.  If you have received this
electronic mail message in error, please contact us
immediately (by reply e-mail) to inform us of the error and
take the steps necessary to delete the message completely
from your computer system and any related data.  Thank you.